Sunday, May 18, 2014

Looking For The Moon

This morning, at church, the pastor quoted a Japanese poem.  Of course he didn't give the name which is just as well, since I wouldn't be able to spell it.  There were just two lines and they are so very profound.

"The barn burned down,
Now I can see the moon."

I have not been able to get this out of my mind since I heard it many hours ago.  Through our lifetime, we all will have a barn burn down and, hopefully, only a very few. 



Have you had a 'barn' burn down?  A child that died? Loss of sight?  Cancer?  Devastating circumstances are hard to deal with at the time and hard to get through. 

I'm accepting that the interpretation is that the positive person, the person that accepts God's loving peace, will see that though the barn is gone, the moon is there for you to enjoy the wonderment of life.  This is also giving the answer that I am not that person.  I am still looking to see the moon behind the cloud cover. 

Since Don passed away 26 months ago, and since I don't see the moon, then I realize that I am either not cooperating or I'm just lost.  Surely if I recognize this dilemma I should be able to rectify the problem.  I will introduce this topic at the next support group get together to hope for some insight into what and how others deal with in this question. 

My barn burned down but I'm still wading through the debris.  My goal is to find the reason to look up at the moon.

Lord, I find that I am not fully trusting in your goodness and mercey.  Help me to know where to turn and how to move forward.  Amen.

~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment